Friday, May 28, 2010
Food : Chicken Coconut Soup ( Tom Kha Kai )
1. 300 g chicken, sliced into bite-sized prices
2. 1/2 cup coconut cream
3. 2 cups coconut milk
4. 2 stalks lemon grass, cut into 1 inch and lightly pounded
5. 100 g galangal, sliced crosswise
6. 5-6 kaffir lime leaves, middle stems torn off
7. 3-4 coriander roots
8. 7-8 hot chillies, lightly pounded
9. fish sauce
10. lime juice
11. cariander leaves for garnishing
1. pour coconut milk into a pot and heat over a moderate heat untill it boils. Add lemon grass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, and coriander roots. Let it boils.
2. Add chicken and let it boils again.
3. Add hot chilies. Season with fish sauce and lime juice. Let it boils.
4. Pour in coconut cream and let it boils again. Remove from the heat. Serve in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.